WSOU SkatesGiving Contest RulesDate: November 6, 2020
WSOU SkatesGiving Contest Rules
How to enter the contest:
- No purchase or donation is necessary to enter or win
- The prize will be offered to participants through two different and distinct methods:
1. Twenty-one (21) skateboard decks will be given away on a random basis by selecting caller number “X” (e.g. “the 50th caller wins the skateboard”) on air.
2. Four (4) skateboard decks will be given away through a social media contest that will judge images submitted by participants.
During the month of November 2020, WSOU will be giving away 25 limited edition skateboard decks courtesy of Check Your Head Skateboards. Each winner will receive one skateboard deck, for a total of 25 winners. The contest will commence on November 4 and continue through November 30.
- The contest is open to individuals 16 years of age and older.
- All contestants must be legal U.S. residents and possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant. WSOU may request that valid ID be presented to WSOU or its agents before the prize is awarded.
- Only one winner per household is permitted in a 30-day period of all WSOU contests. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void and an alternate eligible winner may be named at the sole discretion of WSOU.
- WSOU student staff members, station volunteers, employees of Seton Hall University, and employees of Check Your Head Skateboards are ineligible to participate or win.
- Entry is limited to residents of New Jersey, New York City, and Westchester and Rockland countries.
- If entering the #wsouskatesgiving portion of this contest, in order for your entry to be valid, your social media profile(s) must be public and thus viewable by WSOU.
- No purchase or donation is necessary to enter or win. A purchase or donation will not increase your chance of winning.
- WSOU contests are void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
Selection of winner:
- Prize winners will be selected using one of the following methods:
1. On a random basis by selecting a listener caller number “X” (e.g. “the 50th caller wins the skateboard”) on air. Twenty-One (21) skateboard decks will be given away using this selection method
2. Through a social media contest utilizing the hashtag #wsouskatesgiving. Participants will submit either still or video images showing he/she/they performing their best skateboard tricks. Tricks will be judged on the basis of creativity, form, technique, commitment to safety, and any other factors deemed appropriate by the judges. Judges will choose one (1) winner each week from all submissions that fully meet contest requirements. A total of four (4) skateboard decks will be given away using this selection method. through a social media contest that will judge images submitted by participants.
- All decisions made will be final.
- By participating in a station contest, contestants agree to be bound by the official rules and the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding in all respects.
- By participating in the contest, all winners agree to allow the WSOU and Seton Hall University to use their personal information for internal use.
- By participating in the contest, each winner agrees to have his/her name mentioned on air and for use in any advertising/promotional materials related to this contest without additional financial or other compensation.
- By participating in the contest, individuals assume that their call may be broadcast or recorded and therefore grant WSOU permission to broadcast the call or record if for later broadcast.
- By participating, except where prohibited, winners grant WSOU and Seton Hall University permission to use their names, characters, images, voices, and likenesses worldwide, in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented in any and all marketing and promotional materials and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. Each winner’s name may be included in any publicly available winners list.
- Participants must have permission from any recognizable individuals who appear in the image submission to use their names, image and likenesses and to grant the rights set forth herein. Minors may only be included in submissions if entrant is their parent or legal guardian.
- WSOU is not responsible for and shall not be held liable for any injuries incurred will competing in this contest.
- WSOU, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operations of the WSOU and Seton Hall University, or who is otherwise in violation of the rules. The station further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned. WSOU also reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest including the substitution of a different prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement
- Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification, at the sole discretion of WSOU.
- WSOU is not responsible for and shall not be held liable for, any technical, mechanical, electrical or performance malfunctions in the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of the prize.
- As a condition to acceptance, all contest winners must release WSOU and Seton Hall University, its employees, officers and agents from any and all liabilities arising directly or indirectly from competing for and/or using the prize.
- Winners shall be responsible for any taxes imposed on receipt of the prize.
- Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. WSOU reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
- At its sole discretion, WSOU shall determine how listeners claim their prizes, including but not limited to “guest listing” ticket winners, mailing prizes to winners, or requiring winners to pick up their prize at WSOU’s studios.
- Decisions of the WSOU’s and Seton Hall University’s management with respect to contests are final.
- Contestants should regularly monitor the WSOU website for information, updates and possible changes to each station contest.
WSOU undertakes no liability or responsibility, and makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the performance of the prize(s) awarded, for any failure to perform or negligent performance of any service provider, or for any other risk, incident or damage, direct or indirect, relating to or arising out of the contest, including (but not limited to) cancellations, postponements, delays or other scheduling changes; missed events or connections or inability of winner to attend; and accident, injury, death, damage or expense arising from or occurring during the use of the prize, or travel to/from or attendance at any event relating to the contest, by the winner and/or winner’s guest(s). WSOU is not responsible for damage to a prize or loss of a prize after the prize has been claimed. Winners must inspect their prizes before leaving the station. WSOU is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failure or malfunctions, lost or unavailable network or other telecommunications connections, or lost, late, damaged, illegible, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, disconnected, or delayed contest entries or communications, whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in this contest, or by any human error which may occur in the execution of this contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of being conducted as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or other causes beyond the control of WSOU. WSOU reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and award the prize from among all eligible entries received to date.